3 Quick and Easy Breakfast Smoothies
Aug 29, 2018
I'm about to sound like your mother... are you ready? Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! It reignites your metabolism, it gives your body and your brain the fuel they need to function optimally, and, if you make healthy choices, it will help set you up for a whole day of healthier decision making!
But with how crazy mornings can get, I know it's important to have fast and easy options! Which is why I'm giving you 3 quick and easy breakfast shake recipes that can go with you as you speed out the door!
Tip: To make these recipes even faster, combine all frozen ingredients in a tupperware and all the other ingredients in a tupperware the night before. Then the morning of, just dump it all in with the liquid to make these meals in 5 minute and under!
Recipe 1: Chocolate Banana Sunbutter Shake (makes 2 servings)
- 2 bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1/4 c sunbutter
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 c ice
- 3/4 c almond or coconut milk
Calories: 282 / Protein: 7.5 / Carbs: 19 g / Fat: 17 g
Recipe 2: Superfood Shake (my personal go-to breakfast)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I prefer Vega One Nutritional Shake or Garden of Life)
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 1/4 raw beet, chopped (you don't have to peel it, just wash well)
- 1 inch slice of fresh ginger (you don't have to peel it, just wash well)
- 1/2 tsp maca powder
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 cups water
Calories: 302 / Protein: 21 g / Carbs: 42 g / Fat: 8 g
Recipe 3: Design Your Perfect Shake
- 8-16 oz liquid: almond milk, coconut milk, water, hemp milk, oat milk, pure tart cherry juice, pure pomegranate juice, etc. (NO fruit juices with added sugar!)
- 1 scoop protein powder: preferably pea, rice, hemp, or egg protein
- 1-2 handfuls fruit (fresh or frozen): berries, apples, bananas, mango, pineapple, pear, acai, oranges, etc.
- 1-2 handfuls veggies (fresh or frozen): spinach will add the least amount of flavor, other options include kale, swiss chard, cucumber, celery, carrot, beet leaves, etc.
- 1-2 thumb size portions healthy fat: almonds, walnuts, cashews, sun butter, peanut butter, hemp seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds, flax oil, coconut oil, avocado, etc.
- Superfood Topper: coconut flakes (no sugar added), cacao nibs, greek yogurt, oats, cinnamon, maca powder, goji berries, etc.
Interested in joining me and an amazing group of women in a transformational journey of weight loss, confidence building, and lifestyle redesign?
Get on the waitlist below to get first dibs when Fit for Life Academy is open for enrollment!